Hey there! I just found your blog on Peace Corp Journals and am going to El Salvador 01/18/11 too! I know this is random but it's nice to see others who are in my exact position. 6 weeks and counting.... I hope I'm not the only one who is nervous :)
I look forward to meeting you too! I have been living in New Orleans for the past 7 years, but I'm originally from Minnesota. I am still working my 50 hour/week job so I haven’t been doing too much of actual packing (i.e. procrastination at its best). What about you?
I live in Portland, Oregon...been living here almost my entire life-so this will be a big change! :) I had my last day of work Nov 30th, I feel very lucky to stop working so soon. I'm in Philly right now visiting family and next week I'm going to check out the Grand Canyon with my cousin, can't wait!! But I've got a lot packed...still a lot of old clothes and junk to go through/throw away. I'm lucky I can leave stuff at my parents house though! And I'm looking for that staging email...
Wow- it sounds like you have a lot of fun trips planned! Are you on facebook? I'd love to share ideas i.e should I bring a backpackers backpack or a regular sized backpack? Have fun in Philly!
6 comments:
Hey there! I just found your blog on Peace Corp Journals and am going to El Salvador 01/18/11 too! I know this is random but it's nice to see others who are in my exact position. 6 weeks and counting.... I hope I'm not the only one who is nervous :)
How exciting!! I look forward to meeting you soon! How are you coming with packing/prep? And where are you from?
I look forward to meeting you too! I have been living in New Orleans for the past 7 years, but I'm originally from Minnesota. I am still working my 50 hour/week job so I haven’t been doing too much of actual packing (i.e. procrastination at its best). What about you?
I live in Portland, Oregon...been living here almost my entire life-so this will be a big change! :) I had my last day of work Nov 30th, I feel very lucky to stop working so soon. I'm in Philly right now visiting family and next week I'm going to check out the Grand Canyon with my cousin, can't wait!! But I've got a lot packed...still a lot of old clothes and junk to go through/throw away. I'm lucky I can leave stuff at my parents house though! And I'm looking for that staging email...
Wow- it sounds like you have a lot of fun trips planned! Are you on facebook? I'd love to share ideas i.e should I bring a backpackers backpack or a regular sized backpack? Have fun in Philly!
I can't find you on FB, can you find me? efoltz@pdx.edu should get me...
Post a Comment